A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which is subsequently stored by the web browser. Each time the web browser requests a page from the web server, this information is relayed, enabling the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies track your route on the web site, whereas persistent cookies enables our web site to recognise you upon your visit. Session cookies are automatically deleted upon the closing of your browser, whereas persistent cookies will remained stored until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Web browsers do allow the refusal of cookies. However, this will negatively influence the usability of web sites, and will prevent functionality which is deemed essential.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- improve the browsing experience by introducing elements of personalisation;
- deliver goods purchased from us;
- send statements and invoices to you;
- send general, non-marketing communications, or e-mail notifications which have been specifically requested;
- send marketing communications where you have agreed to this, either by e-mail or similar technology. At any time, you can inform us that you would prefer not to receive marketing communications;
- provide third parties with statistical information regarding our visitors – however, this information will not identify any individual user;
- allow us to deal with any enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to us;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our web site (e.g. as part of a testimonial or product review), we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.